Part yoga class, part support group, part personal discovery, this 6-session group supports you through your grief. We provide a compassionate and safe environment for widows under the age of 50.
This group provides an opportunity for you to talk with who other people who have experienced the death of a spouse, partner, or significant other. Through empowering you to share your story, make meaning out of your experiences, and tend to your grief, we proceed from the understanding that it's possible to grieve and be grateful at the same time.
Together we practice gentle yoga, breathing, sound healing, and other relaxation techniques to help you connect with your body in a safe way, in a safe environment, and at your own pace. During these practices, choices are offered throughout. Stillness, movement, or rest are always options at any point. You don't have to be flexible, fit, or strong. No yoga experience or special yoga clothes are required.
Meeting structure (times are approximate)
- 10 minute relaxation practice, such as sound healing or yoga nidra
- 60 minute group discussion
- 50 minute gentle yoga (movement) practice
- 6 people per session
- 6 sessions
- Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm
- July 10, 17, 24, 31, August 7, 14
- Restorative Wellness Counseling, 11812 Wayzata Blvd #200B, Minnetonka, Minnesota
What to bring
- Yoga mat
- $350 for all 6 sessions
Evidence-based research into the benefits of yoga
- Helps with mood regulation
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Enhances cognitive and emotional functioning
- Increases attention and concentration
- Reduces tension and physical pain
- Improves sleep quality
Talia Singer, MSW, LICSW is a clinical therapist and private practice owner with a strong background in palliative care, hospice and healthcare. Talia has dedicated her career to helping people navigate the challenges of loss, transition, and grief. Talia earned her Master's degree in Social Work from Tel Aviv University, where she developed a deep understanding of the complexities surrounding mental health and wellbeing. Talia offers individual therapy, couples counseling, and group therapy services. She customizes her therapeutic interventions to support clients in their unique healing journey, promoting resilience and growth.
Matthew Tift, PhD, RYT-500 leads yoga and sound healing classes at The Marsh, Spirit of the Lake, and the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. He is Board Chair at onelove.yoga, a local nonprofit that brings yoga into schools. You can learn more and find Matthew's full schedule at matthewtift.com.
How to join
Before the first session:
- Fill out the intake form
- Wait for an email confirming your acceptance into the group
- Pay in full via Venmo: @taliasingerlicsw (we also accept Stripe)
Still have questions? Feel free to contact us